Beloved anime series Cowboy Bebop is getting a long awaited live action adaptation. But will fans be happy with the changes?
Here’s what we know:
- The series is possibly to debut via CBS’s new streaming service and is rumored to be a spinoff of the new Star Trek series. No word yet if J.J. Abrambs is attached, but other likely directors include Zach Snider and Mickel Bay.
- The series is tentatively titled “Cowboi Bebop: Outlaw Stars”.
- Keanu Reeves is rumored for the role of a young bounty hunter called “Spyke Stargle”.
- Charlize Theron is reprising her role as the deadly amnesiac “Vay Vixen” who is also the ship android.
- Alec Baldwin is playing Spyke’s mentor the gravel throated “Jett Power”.
- The crew is joined by a “Chewbacca-like” alien called “Professor Einward”.
What do you think? Are you looking forward to Cowboi Bebop? Let us know in the comments or on twitter @newsreparter.
Cross the Spacegate to facebook.com/seriouslyinformed
Pay for ship repairs at patreon.com/seriouslyinformed
Hey, Bigshot; find the latest bounties here: SeriouslyInformed.com